It is not always possible to provide bentonite in desired properties with the reason that there is limited unmixed bentonite deposits in the world. Therefore, it is necessary to modify low-quality calcium bentonite with special additives for use of them in the market as an affordable bentonite.
Our product, which is convenient in terms of API 13A Part 9 specifications, is used to increase viscosity and reduce fluid loss in water based drilling fluids. Viscosity in freshwater and sea water muds is a cost effective method for fluid loss control and filter cake quality.
Bentonite is a clay mineral suitable in terms of API 13 A standards. It includes sodium and contains at least 90% montmorillonite. It contains special Karben Chemicals. It has high swelling capacity. It is also suitable in terms of TS EN 13500 Bentonite Specifications. It is suitable for TS 977 Type- 1 standards. It disperses easily when mixed with water and does not clump.
|600 d/d reading at Fan 35 viscometer||30 min.|
|Amount of Filtration||15 ml. max.|
|Efficiency||90 bbl. min.|
|Humidity||%10 max. (percentage by weight)|
|wet sieve analysis 200 Mesh (75 mic.) over sieve||%2,5 max. (percentage by weight)|
|Yield point plastic viscosity ratio (Yp/Pv)||3 max.|
|SiO2||= 61.28 %|
|Al2O3||= 17.79 %|
|Fe2O3||= 3,01 %|
|CaO||= 4,54 %|
|Na2O||= 2.70 %|
|MgO||= 2.10 %|
|K2O||= 1.24 %|
Advantages it provides:
- It is above API production standards with the reason since it is Sodium Based.
- Stabilizes drilling
- Increases well clearance capacity of drilling fluids
- Liquid loss is low due to the fact that it is sodium-based.
- it is sensitive to the environment
- API 13 A Section 9
• TS EN ISO 13500 Section 9
• TS EN 1536
• TS EN 1538
- 50-kg kraft paper bag (with pallet and without pallet)
• 1000-1200-kg bigbag
• bulk trailer
- • Please obtain technical information from our R & D laboratory according to the product characteristic you produce.
• • TSE (Turkish Standards Institute) standards are an exactly adapted version of American Petroleum Institute (API) standards.